Presented by THE HARVARD LAW SCHOOL ASSOCIATIONS OF SAN DIEGO, ORANGE COUNTY, LOS ANGELES, and NORTHERN CALIFORNIA and
THE HLSA WOMEN'S ALLIANCE OF LOS ANGELES
What Every Lawyer Should Know About NFTs
Thursday, September 29, 2022
12:00 - 1:15 pm PDT
Click here to register
Our increasingly virtual and digital society has brought both unique opportunities and unprecedented challenges. These include new realms through which lawyers must navigate their clients in understanding, monetizing, and protecting intellectual property rights in edgy and emerging commercial marketplaces.
Squarely at this intersection are Non-fungible Tokens (or "NFTs"). Join us for a practical session led by an expert panel that will answer such questions as:
- What is an NFT? Do I need to understand blockchain and smart contracts first?
- Do only certain types of companies or products lend themselves to NFT offerings?
- What types of licenses and sales platforms are available for NFT projects?
- Does IP law impact NFT projects? What about UCC Article 2? Other laws?
- What are lessons from major NFT disputes (Nike, Yuga Labs, Miramax, MetaBerkins)?